Dr. Steven M. Smith is a licensed Orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Smith graduated with Honors from the University of Minnesota and completed his residency at Veterans Administration Medication Center in Minnesota. He is Board Certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and fellow of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Smith has proudly served Sevier County for over 30 years and will continue to dedicate his knowledge and abilities to the people of East Tennessee.
Dr. Douglas Freels is a licensed Orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Freels graduated from the James H. Quillen College of Medicine and completed his residencies at Bowman Gary/Baptist Hospital Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Freels has additional post-doctoral training from the Florida Orthopaedic Institute. He is Board Certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Freels provides a wide range of services to ensure his patients receive the best care, including:
- Currently doing total joints including TKA, Uni-knee, and THA in ASC/same day discharge.
- Experienced in doing anterior THA for over 5 years.
- 20 + yrs experience in practice, including general and sports.
- Conformis custom TKA and uni-knee experienced surgeon, 3 + years
- Medical mission trips to:
Leon, Nicaragua – Cooperación Ortopedia Americana Nicaraguense (COAN) 2016
Honduras – Holy Family Surgery Center / Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH) 2017
- Also experienced in TSA and reverse TSA.